Is your commercial metal roof wearing out?
How can you know what is happening on your commercial metal roof? Over time commercial metal roofing does rust and wear out. And fasteners can come loose from storms and wind constantly working to loosen them.
At Precision Roofing & Coatings we offer free roof inspections so that you don’t need to worry about climbing on your roof to see if/why you have water coming into your building. Contact us for your Free Roof Inspection!
Did you know, with Precision Roofing And Coatings MR System, it is possible to restore your commercial metal roof? In this post I will show you how restoring a commercial metal roof with the MR System is better than doing a tear off and replacing it.
Don’t replace your roof – restore it!
This is a saying that is becoming more and more popular in the commercial roofing realm in general these days.
Why is that?
Here are a few reasons to choose commercial metal roof restoration over replacement:
- Cost Savings ~ A restored and properly maintained roof can save you money in the long run by extending the life of your roof and by helping you avoid a costly replacement.
- Environmentally Smart ~ Putting fewer used construction materials in the landfill is always a sound environmental policy.
- Business Image ~ When your commercial metal roof is chalking, fading or rusting, it looks old and worn out. Restoring your roof makes your building look new and well cared for, there-in enhancing your business image.
- Less Business Disruption ~ Restoring your commercial metal roof will cause fewer disruptions to the flow of your business than a full roof replacement.
- Improved Safety ~ Lower the risk of accidents related to completely removing the roof for a replacement. This also allows you to keep your business open to customers and employees and still provide a safe atmosphere for them to be in.
- Cleanliness ~ Restoring your commercial metal roof produces less dust and debris than replacement.
- Longer Lasting ~ A re-coating will increase the life of your roof by resisting corrosion.
- Tax Advantages ~ Restoring a commercial metal roof is typically classified as maintenance and may have tax advantages over a capital asset like a new roof installation.
Why Choose Our Metal Restoration System?
Precision Roofing And Coatings MR System is a complete waterproofing system for metal roofs. It stops leaks, inhibits rust and provides an energy-efficient, long-lasting, attractive finish coat which will extend the life of your roof for years. During the restoration process, each problem area on a metal roof is systematically addressed, repaired and resealed; then the entire roof is coated with a reflective finish coat.
So What All Is Involved In The Commercial Metal Restoration Process?
Step One ~
Cleaning the metal roof with Rust-Off®, a rust and oxide remover, is probably the most important step to the commercial metal restoration process. Rust-Off® is a concentrated metal roof treatment that etches metal , and removes rust and oxidization. This convenient gel formula mixes easily with water , making quick work of rust removal, restoring metal to a ready-to-coat surface before the application of Conklin’s metal primer. When the metal has been cleaned with the proper cleaning agent, it makes it possible for the sealing products to bond to the metal and stay bonded for years to come!
Step Two ~
Next we apply a Rust Inhibitive Primer to the metal. Even where rust has a foothold already, special anti-corrosion agents in the primer act to inhibit further spread of the oxidation process. It is a required step for the application of the MR System and used in conjunction with Rust-Off®. This protective barrier inhibits rust from forming on steel surfaces and dries in as little as 2-4 hours. This primer coat also provides a base for the next steps to adhere tightly to, helping to stop the risk of flake up happening a few years down the road.
Step Three ~
The next step is to seal every potential leak source. Applying sealing tape to every metal seam where the metal sheets intersect and caulk to every screw head helps ensure the leaks are all sealed. When we complete the final step of the restoration process, the reflective white coating we put on will help keep the roof temperatures low to help reduce severe temperature fluctuations that cause thermal movement and stress on the seams and screws.
Step Four ~
Finally a white reflective acrylic coating is applied to seal and bond everything together. This coating also reflects the suns rays to help reduce heat absorption into the structure which helps reduce energy bills. Who doesn’t like a lower energy bill?? I am definitely one to save on my energy bill every chance I get! More on that in a bit…
So There You Have It…
The step by step to your complete metal roof restoration!
The Benefits Of The White Reflective Coating
ENERGY STAR products are the same or better than standard products, only they use less energy. To earn the ENERGY STAR, they must meet strict energy efficiency criteria set by the US Environmental Protection Agency or the US Department of Energy. Since they use less energy, these products save you money on your electricity bill and help protect the environment by causing fewer harmful emissions from power plants.
This graphic below shows how much the final white reflective coating can benefit your commercial building’s performance. Keeping your building roof temperatures lower will benefit you in multiple ways.
- Lower air temperature surrounding air conditioning unit.
- Lower cooling bills by reflecting the heat instead of absorbing the sun rays into the structure.
- Reduces severe temperature fluctuations that cause thermal movement and stress
- Reflects damaging UV rays to help slow the aging process of the roof
- Lowers roof temperatures, reducing the rate of chemical breakdown
Other Advantages of Conklin’s Metal Restoration Roofing System:
- Inhibits rust.
- Stops leaks.
- Enhances appearance with attractive finish coat.
- Extends the life of the existing roof.
- Avoid expensive tear-off and replacement.
When you hire Precision Roofing & Coatings to restore your commercial metal roof, you can be certain that you will be in good hands to get these steps executed carefully, precisely and quickly to ensure a long term solution to your commercial metal roofing needs!
About Conklin Products~
Conklin products have been known to last for years, and are backed by their impeccable warranties, which are typically non-prorated and guaranteed for 18 years.
Since 1977, Conklin products have been applied and used on over 2 billion square feet of roofs across America. This impressive number shows that Conklin roofing systems provide superior protection against weather elements in all climates. Their products have demonstrated their ability to supply a building with durable, lasting protection for decades.
Conklin’s non-prorated warranties
Your building’s roof is probably the most important part of your it’s structure, because it is to protect everything beneath it. The roof is also one of the biggest investments of the building. So when you choose Conklin roofing products, you are also choosing the peace of mind that comes with their generous non-prorated, 18 year warranties.
Why does the non-prorated fact matter? A non-prorated warranty does not lose it’s value over time. Which means that any issues that come up are 100% covered over the entire duration of the guarantee. This type of warranty is practically unheard of anymore.
Another incredible feature of Conklin’s warranties is that they are renewable and transferable. So if the property changes hands, that does not need to be the end of the warranty. Also Conklin Roof Systems have disclosed that their warranty claims rate is less than half of 1%. An impressive stat that can give you comfort in your roofing choice!
Conklin Metal Roofing Terstimonial
“We live in an area where the temperatures range from 25 below zero to 100°, so the roof has a lot of weather-related movement and stress. The MR System sealed our leaks, stopped the rust and keeps our students and staff dry. As a bonus, we’ve seen an increase in energy efficiency, and are now spending less to cool the building. We are going to have more of our buildings restored with the MR System.”
– Keith M., School Superintendent
Getting your Metal Roof Restored is much cheaper in the long run than replacing it when it begins to wear out. And the MR System can be re-applied again years down the road when the finish begins to wear out.
We at Precision Roofing & Coatings know that a professional eye will catch details on your roof that an inexperienced eye will easily miss. So again, we offer free roofing inspections, that way you do not need to guess what is truly happening on your roof.
Precision Roofing & Coatings looks forward to hearing from you and providing the roofing service that you deserve!